Therapeutic Areas and Products
Our world-leading immunoglobulin (Ig) franchise includes an intravenous and a subcutaneous option and is the cornerstone of the neurology therapeutic area. Our efforts in this area focus on bringing trusted products and technologies to serve patients with a rare and serious neurologic disease, Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP).
Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
PRIVIGEN is indicated for the treatment of adults with chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP) to improve neuromuscular disability and impairment.
Limitation of Use: PRIVIGEN maintenance therapy in CIDP has not been studied for periods longer than 6 months. After responding during an initial treatment period, not all patients require indefinite maintenance therapy with PRIVIGEN in order to remain free of CIDP symptoms. Individualize the duration of any treatment beyond 6 months based upon the patient’s response and demonstrated need for continued therapy.
WARNING: THROMBOSIS, RENAL DYSFUNCTION AND ACUTE RENAL FAILURE
- Thrombosis may occur with immune globulin products, including Privigen. Risk factors may include advanced age, prolonged immobilization, hypercoagulable conditions, history of venous or arterial thrombosis, use of estrogens, indwelling vascular catheters, hyperviscosity, and cardiovascular risk factors.
- Renal dysfunction, acute renal failure, osmotic nephrosis, and death may occur with immune globulin intravenous (IGIV) products in predisposed patients. Renal dysfunction and acute renal failure occur more commonly in patients receiving IGIV products that contain sucrose. Privigen does not contain sucrose.
- For patients at risk of thrombosis, renal dysfunction or renal failure, administer Privigen at the minimum dose and infusion rate practicable. Ensure adequate hydration in patients before administration. Monitor for signs and symptoms of thrombosis and assess blood viscosity in patients at risk for hyperviscosity.
See full prescribing information for complete boxed warning.
- History of anaphylactic or severe systemic reaction to human immune globulin
- Hyperprolinemia (PRIVIGEN contains the stabilizer L-proline)
- IgA-deficient patients with antibodies to IgA and a history of hypersensitivity